||Please read these terms carefully before entering the competition. Entering the competition constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
|About the business
||The promoter of this Competition is Book Clubs in Schools A registered charity. Registered Charity Number 1185409.
The registered address is 50 Ashen Grove, Wimbledon, LONDON SW19 8BN
|Who can enter
- The Competition is only open to UK residents over the age of 13 years of age.
- Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of a parent or guardian over 18 to enter the competition. DCT reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or to choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- The Competition is closed to employees of Book Clubs in Schools and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Competition
- Automated or bulk entries from third parties will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to exclude serial competition entrants who have entered more than 4 competitions in the last month.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
|Dates of competition
||The Competition opens on Sunday 13 September at 8am 2020 BST and closes on Sunday 20 September 2020 at 11.59pm BST
Entrants can enter at any point between these dates.
|How to enter
- To enter the competition:
- On Twitter, entrants will need to follow Book Clubs in Schools and retweet the competition tweet
- On Instagram, entrants will need to like the photo announcing the Instagram competition, comment on the competition post and follow Book Clubs in Schools.
- On Facebook, like and comment on the competition post.
- On Facebook group ‘Reading for Pleasure in schools’ comment on the competition post.
- Entrants can only enter the Competition once, but can like, share, comment, tweet and RT as many times as they like
|How will the winner be selected & announced
- The winner will be selected at random from the list of entrants. Names will be entered into a spreadsheet and numbered and a member of staff that has not seen the spreadsheet will choose a number between x and y who shall be the winner.
- The winner will be notified by direct message (and or by tagging) on the platform by which they applied within 5 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
|Details of prize
- The prize for winning the competition will be a set of the Run series books by Jason Reynolds. Comprising Ghost, Patina, Sunny and Lu. RRP £27.96
- We also have another set of the four books for entrants via the reading for Pleasure in Schools’ Facebook group.
- The Prizes are as stated and they cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by Book Clubs in Schools
- The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted by the winner
- Book Clubs in Schools reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winners. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
- Copyright of any material produced as part of the competition is owned by Book Clubs in Schools and/or its content suppliers.
- Unauthorised use of the material produced as part of this competition, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of Book Clubs in Schools or, where applicable, the respective competition entrant is prohibited.
- You consent to your first name, photograph and social media handles about you being disclosed on Book Clubs in Schools digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
- By entering the Competition, you agree that Book Clubs in Schools may contact you in relation to the Competition.
|Absolving responsibility of the social platforms
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, or any other social network
|General liability cover
- Book Clubs in Schools does not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the competition.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Book Clubs in Schools and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
- any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and
- any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond Book Clubs in Schools reasonable control.
- Book Clubs in Schools does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind and no responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Book Clubs in Schools shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses
- You agree to indemnify Book Clubs in Schools against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with Book Clubs in Schools.
- We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date terms and conditions on the Website and in the case of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and those on the Website, the Website terms and conditions will apply.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.