22 Feb We’re Hiring!
Book Clubs in Schools – Regional Manager, Southeast and Southwest London (two positions)
Book Clubs in Schools (BCiS) is a not-for-profit organisation offering a unique cross-age peer mentoring programme. We work in secondary schools inspiring a lifelong love of reading, narrowing the social gap, building character, and encouraging critical thinking and creativity. We are the only programme which delivers book clubs within a school setting and trains the older students to lead the book clubs for all Year 7s.
We are hiring for two Regional Manager positions to oversee the book club programme in Southeast and Southwest London. They would help identify and recruit, train and liaise with schools within their region. This is a freelance position (which means you will be responsible for your own tax, national insurance and any pension contributions) and is perfect for someone who enjoys selling a proven project into schools, interacting with school staff and secondary students in a training and mentoring capacity, likes working on their own and in a very small team, has great organisational skills, lots of enthusiasm, patience, resilience, perseverance, and a sense of humour! The Regional Manager will have the opportunity to make a real difference to secondary school students in their area – they will help them develop analytical and soft skills, empathy, self-confidence, character and express their creativity.
- Identify and recruit schools to join the Book Clubs in Schools programme
- Work toward recruiting and retaining an agreed number of schools in consultation with the co-founders
- Advise participating schools throughout the lifecycle of the programme, from implementation to evaluation, providing mentoring and support
- Conduct training for the School Coordinator and Book Club Leaders, ensuring they are active and engaged
- Work with schools to collect data to assess the impact of the programme, including evaluation surveys and randomised reading age samples
- Create ongoing and regular communication to build relationships with schools, taking a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Provide content on social media about the book clubs
- Provide termly progress reports for your region in addition to regular feedback and communication with the BCiS co-founders and schools
Qualifications and Skills:
- Love of reading and books!
- Ability to build and develop good relationships with a diverse group of people
- A self-starter with sales expertise
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- An enhanced DBS is essential for this role
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Experience of effectively motivating individuals, for example students or volunteers
- Experience in the education sector is asset
Book Clubs in Schools is an equal opportunities organisation and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in being a freelance Regional Manager, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.